It’s my friend, Karen’s birthday today and later we are going to get together and celebrate this amazing lady we are lucky to call a friend. Each friend is bringing a dessert to make a fun dessert bar.
We will probably laugh our way into the wee hours of the morning and so we will need some yummy goodness to sustain us. I wanted to bring something I could eat that is low carb, yet yummy enough to keep me from being tempted by the other options on display. I also wanted a dessert my friends wouldn’t scoff at as being “diet food” and it HAS to be something as lovely and delicious as Karen. With layers of cookie, pecans, coconut, chocolate chips, and low carb sweetened condensed milk, these Hello Dolly Bars are perfect.
My recipe is low carb, gluten free, and THM S.
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Flax Meal
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream (divided)
- 1/3 cup Pyure Organic Stevia All-Purpose Blend Sweetener
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl.
- Press the crust into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter, sweetener, and Heavy Whipping Cream together in a small sauce pan.
- Stir continuously (about 3-5 minutes) until sweetener is dissolved and the mixture will coat the back of a spoon.
- Allow mixture to cool for a few minutes before whisking in the remaining TBSP of whipping cream, egg yolk and salt. Set aside.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, add the coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips in layers on top
- Pour the Condensed milk over the top of it all in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23||35.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3||1%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Defiantly Good Food