Y’all. We’ve been making this recipe every single week for several months now. You would think ONE of those times I would have been able to snap a picture to post here, but the strangest thing happened…Every time they went in the oven, I’d tell myself to remember to take a picture for the recipe. Then, as soon as they’d come out of the oven, I’d forget all about taking a picture. It was like I was in a trance…an I-must-eat-them-now-trance. There was a couple of times when we had lots of family over and as soon as I pulled them out of the oven, they were gone…They didn’t even make it to a serving plate or have time to cool. People were burning their mouths so they could get more!
- 14-16 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 cup pecan pieces, chopped very fine
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook bacon until very crispy.
- Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, and crumble bacon into very tiny pieces
- Combine bacon, pecans, cheeses, onions, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic, stirring to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly, and fill pepper halves.
- Place peppers cheese side up on cookie sheet, bake about 20 to 25 minutes, or until bottoms of peppers are charred, and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
Net carbs is 2.4g per serving
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23.9||36.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.6||1.5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2||8.8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Defiantly Good Food