Over a bed of fresh spinach, chopped pecans and bacon, the warm slightly sweet, mustardy vinaigrette pours into all the nooks and crannies and just barely softens the spinach. Gather up the perfect bite with a little taste of each element…mmm.
This is a hearty salad and could easily be a meal in and of itself. It also makes a good side dish for roasted chicken.
If you are following the Feingold Diet, be sure to use approved spicy brown mustard and bacon.
- 10 slices bacon (reserve grease)
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 2 cups spinach, raw, washed
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp bacon grease
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 pkg Truvia or 1/4 tsp sweetener
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Boil eggs, slice and set aside.
- Assemble the salads with spinach, chopped pecans, and boiled egg slices.
- Cook the bacon until fully cooked.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain all but 3 Tbsp of the grease.
- Add the shallot and cook in grease for about one minute.
- Crumble 2 slices of bacon in a food chopper and add to skillet
- Cut the rest of the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and top the salads
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet and whisk to mix and remove cooked-on bits from the skillet.
- Cook until warm
- Pour dressing over salads and serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30||46.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.75||1.6%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Defiantly Good Food