These chocolate chip cookies are excellent…not excellent considering they are gluten free and low carb. No, I mean they are tender, melt-in-your-mouth darn good chocolate chip cookies and they can certainly hold their own against the sugar laden, gluten-filled version!
I used Lily’s chocolate chips which I love! They are sweetened with stevia instead of sugar or aspartame.
The cup below is part of a set of 4 and is great for everything from milk, to coffee, to beer…and the best part is everyone knows which cup is theirs because of the different colored bands on each one! That, and they are stainless steel which means you won’t have to worry about chemicals, or breakage!
- 1/4 cup Whey Protein Powder ( I use this one )
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oat Fiber (not oat flour)
- 1/3 Cup Flax meal (ground in coffee or spice grinder)
- 1/2 tsp Xantham gum (optional but it help the cookies hold together)
- 1 Cup of butter
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Pyure Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Stevia extract
- 1 Cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine butter, eggs, sweeteners, and vanilla in a bowl and cream together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the protein powder, coconut flour, oat fiber, flax, baking soda, salt and xantham gum.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place rounded mounds of cookie dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.