These chocolate chip cookies are excellent…not excellent considering they are gluten free and low carb. No, I mean they are tender, melt-in-your-mouth darn good chocolate chip cookies and they can certainly hold their own against the sugar laden, gluten-filled version! They are also nut-free and do not use almond flour.
The oat fiber (not to be confused with oat flour) is important and a good staple to have when doing a keto lifestyle. It’s 100 percent fiber which means a net of zero carbs, but it gives the cookie the body and texture of it’s carb-ridden sisters.
I used Lily’s chocolate chips which I love! They are sweetened with stevia instead of sugar or aspartame.
- 1/4 cup Whey Protein Powder ( I use this one )
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oat Fiber (not oat flour, I use this one )
- 1/3 Cup Flax meal (ground in coffee or spice grinder)
- 1/2 tsp Xantham gum (optional but it helps the cookies hold together)
- 1 Cup of butter
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Pyure Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Stevia extract
- 1 Cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine butter, eggs, sweeteners, and vanilla in a bowl and cream together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the protein powder, coconut flour, oat fiber, flax, baking soda, salt and xantham gum.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place rounded mounds of cookie dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.