I get energized in the Fall. It”s cooler, and crisper and just the perfect time to get stuff done. It’s also the perfect time to make treats with the kids. My daughter was wanting to bake something so we came up with a pumpkin cookie that combines 2 of our favorites: Pumpkin and Cheesecake!
For the sweetener, we used granulated Swerve in the cookies and confectioners Swerve in the cheesecake filling. This Monkfruit sweetener is really good too! If you don’t have the confectioners, or powdered version of a sweetener, you can make it by grinding the granulated kind in a coffee grinder.
- For the pumpkin cookie dough:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Confectioner Swerve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of cookie dough ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well until a dough forms.
- Spoon the cookie batter by about 1.5 tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Use the back of the scoop or a round tablespoon measuring spoon to make “bowl” for the cheesecake filling.
- Combine the cream cheese, sweetener, egg and vanilla. Mix until completely smooth. (I used a hand mixer)
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the “bowl” of each cookie
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and the tops no longer jiggle.
- Remove and cool at least 10 minutes before eating.
1 cookie = about 2 carbs