Some may call me nutty and I’ll admit I’m nutty about chocolate so National Chocolate-Covered Nut Day really speaks to me and what’s better than a chocolate covered nut?
In celebration, I’m going to share 5 nutty things about me and then 5 yummy chocolate nut recipes:
5 Nutty Things about Me:
- I didn’t know I was pregnant with my 3rd child until 5 months into the pregnancy.
- My dream car is an old Jeep Wagoneer with wood-paneled sides.
- I am a serious chocoholic, but I once went TWO YEARS without even a mini morsel of the wonderful food.
- I love all types of music…Texas country, pop, oldies, rock, 80’s hairband, Christian…and I have a strong fondness for ukulele music and pop songs featuring a gospel choir. Seriously.
- I have moments of brilliance between the hours of 2 am and 5 am. Any other time I am fairly useless. If I happen to wake up during these hours, I get my best ideas, I know the words to songs I’ve heard only once or twice, I can remember forgotten names, etc. My husband just loves it when I wake him up at 3:00 am to tell him that the singer of that song we couldn’t think of is So and So.
5 Yummy Chocolate Nut Recipes:
- Chili Chocolate Salami–from Ditch the Carbs. It’s not what you may think. Imagine a nuts and chocolate rolled into a log shape and sliced.
- Low Carb LCHF Dairy Free Chocolate Coconut Oil Bark–a simple chocolate bark with nuts.
- Dark Chocolate Covered Walnuts–from All Day I Dream About Food.
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge— from Low Carb Yum.
- Ultra Low Carb Puppy Chow–from Athlete.io. Okay, so these stretch the theme since they are chocolate-covered peanut butter and not really whole nuts, but if you’ve gotten this far down the list, then maybe you’re looking for something different…something out of the box…and this just might be it. “Puppy Chow” traditionally uses a cereal covered in Peanut Butter and Chocolate and powdered sugar, but this version uses Pork rinds in place of the cereal and skips the powdered sugar.