My friend, who needs to start her own food blog or baking business (hi JG!) shared some yummy peanut butter bars that she had made. She loves to cook and bake and fatten the rest of us up with her delicious treats. I decided to try my hand at converting the recipe she used to make it low carb and gluten free. I love that I already had everything I needed on hand for this and it was quick to make. I didn’t even have to turn on my oven.
These need to stay refrigerated and eaten cold.
A note about the sweetener: I used Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend Stevia Sweetener but THM Gentle Sweet would work too. For the Peanut Butter layer, I measured out the 1 cup of sweetener and then processed it a bit in my coffee grinder to make it very fine like powdered sugar. This step is not necessary but if you choose to skip it, the texture may be a little crunchier.
Low carb, gluten free creamy Peanut Butter Bars topped with chocolate and chopped peanuts.
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Lily's Chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend Stevia Sweetener
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend Stevia Sweetener
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Lily's Chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (chopped)
- In a microwave safe glass bowl or measuring cup, combine all topping ingredients and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between until chocolate is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and sweetener.
- Add cream cheese, almond flour and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips, stir until evenly distributed.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, add the Peanut Butter Layer mixture and smooth out with the back of a spatula or your hands.
- Pour chocolate topping over the top, smoothing to cover evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
- Refrigerate and serve when cool.