When choosing a low carb lifestyle, cheesecake is a must…it just fits. It’s not a huge leap to imagine a lower carb cheesecake because the main ingredients are cream cheese and eggs! Eliminate the crust and sugar and
ta-dah! Oh, if only it were really that simple. Luckily, I have done a lot of experimenting to create this delicious low carb chocolate cheesecake. It’s creamy and yet holds it’s shape and has just the right amount of bite.
- 3 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 cups full fat sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 2/3 cups Swerve
- 1 bag of Lily''s Dark Chocolate chips
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Butter your 9 inch springform pan
- Beat eggs together with Xylitol and Swerve
- Add cream cheese 1 ounce at a time until the mixture is creamy and well combined
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Slowly pour melted chocolate into the cheesecake mixture while blending.
- Pour mixture into buttered springform and bake (375 F) for 30 minutes, then turn off oven oven and leave the cheesecake the oven for 50 minutes.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Top with sliced strawberries before serving.
- Double Boiler Method: Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Be careful not to overheat and do not get any water into the chocolate or it will seize up. Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest).