Everyone loves a bacon cheeseburger right? But if you are gluten-free and/or low carbing it, the bun is problematic. This soup is so full of flavor that you’ll never even miss the bun! Bacon, beef, cheese and spices in every tasty bite…It’s hard to imagine losing weight while eating rich, yummy soups like this one, but that’s exactly what I’m doing! If you have a hard time believing that could happen, read up about the Ketogenic Diet here…and then come back and make this recipe.
Bonus: This recipe can be made in ONE POT which means clean up is a breeze…gotta love that!
- 5 slices Bacon (Uncured, nitrate free)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 3 cups low sodium Beef broth
- 2 tsp Mustard, Brown (Gulden's)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 3 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- Cut bacon into bite sized pieces and cook in the bottom of a dutch oven pot until almost crispy, then set aside on a paper towel.
- Drain excess bacon fat and add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Move beef to the sides of the pot. Add butter and spices to the pan.
- Add beef broth, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard to the pot and let cook for a few minutes until melted.
- Cover pot and turn to low heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn stove off, then finish by slowly adding heavy cream while stirring. Add crumbled bacon and stir well and serve.
- recipe source: www.defiantlygoodfood.com
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 48 g||73.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3 g||1%|
|Protein 24 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Defiantly Good Food