It’s a salad…it’s a chicken…no it’s dinner!
My father-in-law grows the best tomatoes. I don’t even like tomatoes typically and certainly never in thick slices, but his home-grown tomatoes are different. I eat them sliced with salt and pepper with a knife and fork…all by themselves. If you haven’t tried fresh home-grown tomatoes, you should…even you don’t love store-bought tomatoes. So my father-in-law brought some of his yummy tomatoes and of course we couldn’t let them go to waste. This meal was so fresh and flavorful and super quick to make!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh tomatoes (home-grown if possible), sliced
- 1 pkg fresh mozzarella (in the ball shape), sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- In a casserole dish, mix the balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for 15-30 minutes.
- Coat a skillet with olive oil and grill chicken until fully cooked.
- Let chicken rest for a couple minutes before slicing.
- slice each piece of chicken into 3 sections.
- Fill the sections with a slice of tomato, slice of mozzarella, and basil leaves.
- Serves 4